domingo, 27 de junio de 2010

the shelter

ok, I should have logged in on the 1st or 15th I forget now but this is the verse I memorized:

My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. 2 Cor 2.9. I think it´s NLT.

The one I´m working on now, is the same verse, different version.. I LOOVED this!!!

My grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore rather I will boast in the weaknesses of me, that the power of Christ MIGHT BE A SHELTER over me... For when I am weak, then I am powerful. 2 Cor 2.9-10, Greek-English translation.

I loooved this idea of Christ´s power being a shelter over me. God knows I had been struggling so much with trying to CONTROL and fight sin(s) in my life with my own strength- and how when I finally stopped He gave me bigger victory than I had experienced. Oh, and the idea of a SHELTER, that His power and He would be my shelter, brought me back to the idea of HOME, of how much in the midst of all my struggling I had wanted so desperately to find a shelter from it all-- and I think I may have even asked for one. Ahhh, God knows.... and when I saw this verse, I was so thankful. Yes, I want Christ´s power to be a shelter over me. :)

5 comentarios:

  1. Another of my favorite verses! One of the first ones I memorized last year... I wrote about it here: http://musingmelissa.blogspot.com/2009/01/little-house-in-suburbs-fever-episode.html

    You need to read the last half of it! : )

    PS I'm really LOL'ing right now because the word verification that just popped up said:

    moniumb : )

    Apparantly, moni, u are still MB. : ) Ja ja!

    Really, really good reminder for me right now, too.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I meant that the verse was a really good reminder for me... not that you are MB. In case you were confused. : )

    ResponderEliminar
  3. whatever Melissa. I still am kind of an MB. I always will!!! At least I hope so. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. by the way, sorry I never saw this before... this is sooo funny... it´s been the weekend to find interesting stuff online that people have written about ages ago :). What I like about blogs is that I can go back and remember when I felt in such and such a way and what God has done in the process :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Now I get it! The word verification! HA!!! :)

    ResponderEliminar